Handling of Personal Information in Toyota Industries Corporation
Toyota Industries Corporation (hereinafter referred to as Toyota Industries) considers proper handling of the privacy and personal information (hereinafter collectively referred to as personal information) that Toyota Industries collects from any individual, such as our customer, supplier and employee etc. as an essential duty to society. Toyota Industries' basic policy regarding the handling of personal information that Toyota Industries obtains through its business activities is explained here.
Personal information includes your name, age, telephone number, e-mail address, addresses of residence or office address, etc. whereby one piece of this information or a combination of more than one piece of this information can be used to identify the individual.
Personal Information Protection Policy
- Toyota Industries shall acquire personal information by lawful and fair measure within the scope necessary to achieve the objectives notified or released in advance.
- Toyota Industries shall take appropriate safety measures to prevent the leakage, loss, modification, or theft of the personal information that has been acquired, as well as prevent illegal access to the personal information. Toyota Industries shall also take necessary and appropriate measures in supervising employees and subcontractors, and thereby endeavor to implement appropriate management.
- Toyota Industries shall use the personal information within the scope necessary to achieve the following objectives:
- Sending responses to inquiries or requests from customer or other relevant individual;
- Sending documents requested by customer or other relevant individual;
- Plan, research, development, quality improvement, procurement, sales, marketing and after-sales service for our products and sending information about these to customer or other relevant individual;
- Employment and personnel management;
- To comply with any provisions in any applicable laws and regulations, or follow any government notifications, guidelines, etc.; and
- For any other objectives identified when obtaining the relevant personal information.
- Toyota Industries shall not release any personal information, without prior consent of the person who provided his/her personal information. However, personal information may be provided to a third party without prior consent of the person who provided his/her personal information in the following cases:
- When Toyota Industries determines that a response by one of our subsidiaries, subcontractors, distributors, or dealers is more appropriate;
- When Toyota Industries subcontracts to a third party with whom Toyota Industries has concluded a secrecy agreement within the scope necessary to achieve the objective already notified or released;
- When regulated to do so by a law;
- When it is required for the protection of life, body, or property of a person and it is difficult to obtain prior consent; and
- When cooperation is requested for work regulated by a law and conducted by a governmental agency, public organization of the local government, or a party subcontracted by them and obtaining the prior consent of the person who provided his/her personal information may adversely affect the work.
Handling of Personal Information on Toyota Industries' Website
- IP Addresses
An IP Address is the number assigned to each device connected to a computer network to identify the device. It enables communication between the visitor's desktop computer and/or mobile device and the server of Toyota Industries' websites. Toyota Industries may use IP Addresses in order to customize websites according to the needs of visitors or to improve the contents and services provided through websites in order to improve visitors' satisfaction.
Handling of Personal Information on Linked Websites
Inquiry, Reference, Suspension of use, Correction, or Deletion of Personal Information
For any inquiries or requests for reference, suspension of use, correction or deletion of the personal information provided to Toyota Industries, please contact us via our inquiry form. Toyota Industries will respond to you properly, in accordance with the purpose of the laws and regulations regarding the protection of personal information after confirming the identity of the person making inquiries or requests.