Handling of Personal Information in Toyota Industries Corporation
Toyota Industries Corporation (hereinafter referred to as Toyota Industries) considers proper handling of the privacy and personal information (hereinafter collectively referred to as personal information) that Toyota Industries collects from any individual, such as our customer, supplier and employee etc. as an essential duty to society. Toyota Industries' basic policy regarding the handling of personal information that Toyota Industries obtains through its business activities is explained here.
Personal information includes your name, age, telephone number, e-mail address, addresses of residence or office address, action history on our websites, etc. whereby one piece of this information or a combination of more than one piece of this information can be used to identify the individual.
Personal Information Protection Policy
- Toyota Industries acquires personal information by lawful and fair measure within the scope necessary to achieve the objectives notified or released in advance.
- Toyota Industries uses the personal information within the scope necessary to achieve the following objectives:
- Sending responses to inquiries or requests from customer or other relevant individual;
- Sending documents requested by customer or other relevant individual;
- Plan, research, development, quality improvement, procurement, sales, marketing and after-sales service for our products and sending information about these to customer or other relevant individual;
- Employment and personnel management;
- To comply with any provisions in any applicable laws and regulations, or follow any government notifications, guidelines, etc.; and
- For any other objectives identified when obtaining the relevant personal information.
- Toyota Industries does not release any personal information, without prior consent of the person who provided his/her personal information. However, personal information may be provided to a third party without prior consent of the person who provided his/her personal information in the following cases:
- When Toyota Industries subcontracts to a third party with whom Toyota Industries has concluded a secrecy agreement within the scope necessary to achieve the objective already notified or released;
- When regulated to do so by a law;
- When it is required for the protection of life, body, or property of a person and it is difficult to obtain prior consent; and
- When cooperation is requested for work regulated by a law and conducted by a governmental agency, public organization of the local government, or a party subcontracted by them and obtaining the prior consent of the person who provided his/her personal information may adversely affect the work.
Toyota Industries establishes Toyota Industries' basic policy regarding the handling of personal information and also takes appropriate safety measures to prevent the leakage, loss, modification, or theft of the personal information that has been acquired, as well as prevents illegal access to the personal information.
- Organizational security measures
- Toyota Industries establishes internal rules regarding personal information protection and makes our employees comply with these internal rules, as well as conducts self-check regarding the status of compliance on a regular basis.
- Toyota Industries appoints a person in charge of information management in each department, and establishes a reporting and contact system in the event that a violation of the laws or internal rules occurs or is likely to occur.
Toyota Industries provides the training on the handling of personal information with our employees on a regular basis.
Toyota Industries implements measures to prevent unauthorized person from browsing personal information by conducting a control management of entrance and exit to buildings and floors where personal information is handled etc., and also takes measures to prevent theft and loss of personal information by limiting currying in and taking out of electronic equipment to the buildings and floors.
Toyota Industries manages personal information on a server with access limitation, and limits the scope of personal information handled by a person in charge.
In case that personal information is stored, managed or handled in a foreign country (e.g. in the cloud with a server located in a foreign country etc.), Toyota Industries takes appropriate and necessary measures in accordance with the laws and regulations of the related foreign country.
Handling of Personal Information on Toyota Industries' Website
In addition, TICO may collect and analyze the usage status of visitors on some of our websites without identifying individuals by using "Google Analytics", an access analysis tool provided by Google LLC. For more information on Google Analytics, please refer to the following websites.
- Analytics policies（external site）
- Privacy & Terms（external site）
An IP Address is the number assigned to each device connected to a computer network to identify the device. It enables communication between the visitor's desktop computer and/or mobile device and the server of Toyota Industries' websites. Toyota Industries may use IP Addresses in order to customize websites according to the needs of visitors or to improve the contents and services provided through websites in order to improve visitors' satisfaction.
Handling of Personal Information on Linked Websites
Inquiry, Reference, Suspension of use, Correction, or Deletion of Personal Information