At the Board of Directors meeting held on April 28, 2016, Toyota Industries Corporation resolved to present to shareholders a stock repurchase proposal pursuant to Article 156 of the Corporation Law of Japan. This proposal will be presented at the 138th annual shareholders meeting on June 10, 2016.
- Purpose of the stock purchase
Toyota Industries will purchase its stock after obtaining approval from the shareholders pursuant to Article 156 of Corporation Act. The purchase of the stock will improve capital efficiency, and return capital to shareholders. Also, the shareholder approval will enable Toyota Industries to adopt timely and flexible capital policy measures in response to changes in the business environment.
- Information on the shares to be purchased by Toyota Industries
(1) Type of shares to be purchased: Common stock
(2) Total number of shares to be purchased: Up to 4 million shares (1.27% of total outstanding shares)
(3) Total cost of the purchase: Up to 18 billion yen
(4) Acquisition period: From June 10, 2016 to June 9, 2017
Following shareholder approval at the 138th annual shareholders meeting on June 10, 2016,
Toyota Industries will be authorized to purchase its stock.
Total number of issued shares (excluding treasury stock): 314,226,828 shares
Number of treasury stock: 11,613,812 shares