Matters Concerning Controlling Shareholders, etc.
1. Name of the Parent Company, Controlling Shareholder (Excluding Parent Company) and Other Affiliated Companies
|(As of March 31, 2022)|
1. As of April 4, First Section of the Tokyo Stock Exchange was restructured into Prime Market.
2. As of April 4, First Section of the Nagoya Stock Exchange was restructured into Premier Market.
2. Position of Toyota Industries Corporation (the Company) in the Corporate Group of Other Affiliated Companies and Other Relationships Between the Company and Other Affiliated Companies
(1) Position of the Company in the Corporate Group of Other Affiliated Companies
Toyota Motor Corporation (TMC) held 24.69% of the Company's total voting rights. The Company is a TMC affiliate accounted for by the equity method.
The company assembles certain cars and produces automobile engines under the consignment from TMC and our sales to TMC accounted for 35.4% of our net sales.
(2) Limitations, Risks and Benefits from an Operational Standpoint of Belonging to the Corporate Group of Other Affiliated Companies
TMC held 24.69% of the Company's total voting rights. The Company maintains close relationship with TMC in terms of capital and business dealings. Under the consignment from TMC, the Company has no negative conditions and limitations from TMC. The sales to TMC accounted for 35.4% of our net sales, so TMC's vehicle sales could have an impact on the Company's business results.
(3) Policy and Measures to Achieve a Certain Degree of Independence from Other Affiliated Companies
For the conditions of transactions and determination policies with TMC, the Company offers prices on such products based on their overall costs, considering conditions on arm's-length transactions, and negotiates prices for each fiscal year as for the sales of automobiles and engines among other things.
As for the purchase of parts of automobiles and engines among other things, the Company negotiates prices for each fiscal year, considering offered prices on such products and conditions on arm's-length transactions. Conditions other than the prices are determined based on arm's-length transactions.
(4) Status of Securing a Certain Degree of Independence from Other Affiliated Companies
The Company keeps the independency on business without any limitations from TMC.
3. Transactions with the Controlling Shareholder, etc.
|(As of March 31, 2022)|